Monday 1 October 2012

Happy Mooncake Day!

You know, this internet line is getting crazier and crazier. Pages can't even load! Haven't experienced this kind of line since like 3 years ago. Now I am posting via email because the blogger's template is too heavy to load. I mentioned when blogger wanted to permanently switch to this template but... sadly no efforts made to make it lousy-internet-friendly. Which is sad, you know.

Mid Autumn Festival. I personally think that it is quite a mouthful to pronounce. Previously I made up my own - Mooncake Day. So I'd be the one going round sending out SMS's and wishes wishing "Happy Mooncake Day!" Even the other one... some winter solstice festival thingy, I'd change it to "Happy Dumplings Day!" Hahaha... easy, right?

So, not much has happened. Mooncake day nothing much. Never left this building... uh... Oh I did. To jog. If not I'll be cooped up the whole day which I was getting a bit sick of since I was practically in my room the whole day as well on Saturday. Cooked my own food. Was a bit... afraid as I was kinda stir frying bee hoon today in the room and it was so loud "SHALAAAAAAAAAAA..." as the sliced large onions slide into the pan and I quickly added water. It is illegal to cook in the room you know. I had not been very daring so I cooked soupy stuff most of the time. Only this semester I stepped up a bit... but so far did stir frying only the second time today. During the first time, I've already sliced the large onions and was peeling my anchovies getting rid of the guts when suddenly they had... SPOT CHECK! I quickly placed everything on the floor behind my bed and opened the door. I had to let them in. They sensed it and asked me to continue to do my stuff as they searched for missing handphones and laptop. I was so nervous about my cookery stuff and my illegal activities that my hands were shaking trying to continue peeling the anchovies >< Kinda unpleasant. But so far nothing else happened. No one came to confiscate my induction cooker which was a relief.

Oh yeah, lately I have been doing my own physiotherapy treatment for my sprained finger. No joke about spraining it. Still hurt quite a lot although the sprain is not as bad. I can clench it fully, touching my palm although sometimes it did got quite tensed up making it painful to do so. But it is not so minor that it heals in a day or two. That's why I say that it's no joke. If that darn guy who threw the ball and caused the sprain dare to tell me that it is nothing, I'll jamm all his fingers into mush. *mumbles in passive dissatisfaction* I pray that it returns to its original state quickly (less than a month) and recovers to full function like it was never sprained before. I love my hands, my fingers thank you very much. 

Mooncake day. I did eat ma mooncake today. Looked at my lantern. Haha. Did parade it on Thursday with the uni CF peeps. Tomorrow with my coursemates + college mates. But today, I watched my series (nearly finished it) and cooked and washed clothes... all the... normal stuff. 

The Gardens didn't have any decorations which was sad. Maybe they just reserve it for major celebrations which was still... sad. But MidValley has beautiful decorations and beautiful, beautiful yellow orchids. I'll post the photo when we have better line here. 

Uni life has been... quiet so far. Not much. This week is week 4 already. So fast. Week 5 and 6 is the first test season. Mine will fall on week 6. 

So, yeah. Random, un-themed post. Hope you've had a nice Mooncake-filled or lantern-filled day :)

--
God bless,
Dorothy

No comments: