Sunday 9 September 2012

Be Thankful. Kakakaka.

SO, final night at home. The coming night will be spent in college already! I was going to post a pretty depressing lament BUT I decided to share a list of things I am thankful for throughout this 2 1/2 months of holidays. So here goes...

I am very thankful for:

1. The chance to travel to Australia for 3 weeks!
Although it was a tad bit long but I got to fully experience winter and a taste of Australian life and culture and also visited quite a lot of places. I didn't visit all, I should left some for my next trip and I did!

2. The chance to reconnect with relatives in Australia that I haven't seen for uncountable years!
My cousins of my 2nd aunty's family, namely the Kiews moved to Kuching when I started secondary school and then to Australia about 4 years ago so it was quite long since I have been connecting with them. And even with technology and writing letters and so on, we somehow couldn't sustain the connection without meeting face to face. Especially with the eldest cousin who's closest to me. This trip did us good. We started talking like we used to and got to know each other and update each other on the changes that happened to us and reconnected! It was even more so with the youngest one because the last time I saw him was when he was 0-7 years old and now he is 12! So it has been good.

3. Spend time with parents.

4. Spend time with spiritual family which is the best thing of all.

5. First time getting full (almost!) body massage. It was heavenly although painful at times. Did my body good though.

6. The upgrade and increase spiritually.

7. Time to waste watching movies and series.
I managed to find Vampire Diaries Season 3 and finished the whole season since the place I left off last time. Season 4 is just going to come out so I am pretty updated! Found a nice series - Nikita. It has 2 seasons so far and me and my mom finished them all. Just finished watching Snow White and the Huntsman. Got to watch that other Snow White movie as well. Forgot the name >< And some more I can't remember!

8. Cooked and baked and washed and fixed and planted.
Actually that's doing all the things I love. Occasionally, I like to try out new recipes especially when it looks very interesting. Baked both in Australia and back home. Oh yea, I bought quite a lot of baking tools especially those silicon pans and molds for baking cakes from Australia. Darn cheap. AUD$2-5 only while in Parkson they're a freakking RM50+! Very happy with that. Today I fixed the basket used to hold stuff in my car onto some screws thingy. Hard to explain here. Chopped a papaya tree that has decided to commit suicide by bowing down too hard and snapping into two parts. I also help mom replant some flowers and some tube flower plant thingies in front of my house. Halfway though planting I only remembered that I positioned the plants a bit.. not too strategically. But, don't care lah wait until I come back and see how they grow :P

9. FINALLY made a bag.
Haven't snap a pic of the bag to show you guys. I'm bringing it to uni to carry books so I'll snap it later and show you. It's red. Hee.

10. Made new friends.
Adult friends in church :) Very very nice people. Very glad to have made that connection with them. I have been wanting to make friends with the adults but the current meeting place is kind of like, not helping with bonding. But I am glad :)

11. Bought booksss, awesome books!

12. Be the best procrastinator! KAKAKAKAKAKA Gonna have to work hard this coming week.

13. Manage to conduct my survey in school! Great favor with the principal that he personally see to it that it gets done!

14. Sent postcards to foreign people. Will be waiting to receive postcards from strangers all over the world. I joined this thing called postcrossing.com where we get random addresses of other members to send postcards to. The explanation of how it works is in the website. But yeah, ever since a distant friend requested on FB to receive postcards, I have been on the lookout for postcards ever since. Got some pretty awesome ones in Australia. Not many. Sadly couldn't find any Borneo ones. Still hunting.

15. Got new stuff from God!

16. Awesome people God placed around me. Even the one who was available to talk to me when I was feeling kinda put out and reminded me that I didn't had such a bad holiday after all. :D

17. FOOD FOR THE COMING SEM!
I am actually flying over like 10kgs of food xD Because I can't be bringing so many more things which I have to haul back next semester, the best thing to fully use the weight is to bring food!

It's kinda very very late now. 5 hours of sleep. Eeeps!

SAY HELLO TO FINAL YEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

No comments: